Monday, June 20, 2011

Student Story: Kadesha Williams

My name is Kadesha Williams; I am a sophomore at . I have been attending PPP for four months. When I first transferred, I thought there was no way that I would come to enjoy the school, and as days went by, I realized this is the school I have always wanted to attend Pikes Peak Prep; I just had never known it before. The small classes and personal attention are things I’ve always wanted in a school. And not to mention , the students are very amiable, helpful, funny, and smart. After a few weeks at Pikes Peak Prep, I finally felt I had a place.

Some of the best experiences I have had at the school so far were when I joined the volleyball team, the school got iPads, and I received the Eagle of the Month award. I joined the volleyball team a week or so after I began school at Pikes Peak and thought it would be a great way to meet new people and have fun. We all got along well and still do to this day. The iPads are magnificent, we can find the latest news on current events with one touch of a finger, complete assignments, take notes, and find endless amounts of information. One last great memory of PPP was when Dr. Arnold, the Eagle of the Month from K-6 grade, and I went to lunch. We all enjoyed each other and as it turns out, Dr. Arnold and I have more in common than initially thought.

By coming to this school I now have the opportunity to earn college credits while in high school. The previous school I attended, did not offer a middle college program. I now have the opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma and an associate’s degree, which only makes my decision about having transferred to Pikes Peak ultimately the best!

Kadesha Williams
10th grade

No comments:

Post a Comment