Monday, June 27, 2011

Positive Changes: A Student Story

My name is Demi Oakley, I am in tenth grade, and I attend one of the best schools ever.

Before coming to Pikes Peak Prep, I was the student that recieved C's and D's, I wasn't used to a dress code, and I definitely was not used to having homework every evening. After my first week at Pikes Peak I could tell they really cared about me as a student and as a person.

It wasn't about passing or failing at my school prior to Pikes Peak, it was about getting through the year without having to do much work or having any problems with the students. At Pikes Peak the teachers actuall care that I recieve an education. When I ask a question they will provide an answer as opposed to saying, "I will address questions later," and never come back to questions, there is tutoring provided after school for when I require additional help. At Pikes Peak Prep it is about a quality education and helping me meet high standards and getting the most of my education.

At Pikes Peak Prep, I have a B average, which is a considerable difference from what I had at my old school. I can now also span my education further than before with the Middle College Program offered. Pikes Peak is has had a positive impact on my education and on myself as a person. I feel more determined and have more confidence knowing that my teachers care and listen. I am no longer just a girl going through the public school system, but a student. When I successfully graduate I will be able to hold my head high and know that I am a great asset for others as individuals and businesses. Without Pikes Peak I wouldn't be who I am today and what I have yet to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment