Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Senior Year, by Asheley Gregor

Since Kindergarten I have lived in the Harrison School District and I absolutely loved the school system, which led to my decision in choosing Harrison High School.The school’s major focuses were athletics, education, and making sure every student had a memorable high school experience.

The expectations at Harrison High School were not very high, and though I had my friends at school, i chose to leave and seek a better education. My search led me to Pikes Peak Prep, which I was not fond of at first due to the "Prep." I didn't like the idea of attending a prep school but with the guidance of my step-mother I enrolled.

I soon realized that the school was not as bad as I thought it was. Mrs. Nace and Mrs. Levicki were the first two teachers I met. All of the teachers are very kind and understanding. Pikes Peak Prep has offered me a hands-on learning experience and because the student population is not very big, I know most all of the faculty and staff as well as the students. It was also an exciting time when the school received iPads from the GEO Foundation, which are utilized everyday. The Middle College Program offered at Pikes Peak Prep  is a great head start for those of us who want to get a head start on our college career. And finally, another reason I love Pikes Peak Prep, is that it provides students with an H.E.A.R diploma which stands for Higher Education Academic Requirement.

Asheley Gregor
Senior 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment