Friday, July 15, 2011

PPP School Counselor: Kristin Jaramillo

I was born and raised in Leadville, CO and moved to Colorado Springs at 18 years old to attend the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. I graduated with a Bachelors of Arts in Sociology. After receiving my degree in 2005, I worked as a child care counselor at The Griffith Center for Children, a residential treatment center, in Larkspur, CO. After two years I decided to return to school and pursue a career in school counseling. I attended the University of Phoenix and received my Master of Science in School Counseling/Counseling in 2009. This is my second year as a school counselor and I love working with our students and watching their amazing triumphs!

I have a passion for athletics and believe sports can bring so much to a students’ overall well being. I love exploring the outdoors during the warm months and reading during the cold ones! My husband and I have a wonderful 6 year old daughter and added an amazing dog to our family this summer.

I believe every child has the ability to succeed and life is what you make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment