Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ms. Joseph- A Life-long Learner

I am Halley Cohen Joseph, a life-long learner. I have been an educator for over 15 years. I did not choose to teach, education chose me; I am merely fulfilling my purpose. I began my journey in New Hampshire at the University of New Hampshire where I was selected to join the professional team of the National Child Research Center in Washington, D.C. (NCRC) in 1998 as they were expanding their Special Education program. After several years, the journey continued to Atlanta, GA. where I taught in the inner city schools and continued my education in Elementary Education with a concentration in Special Education. Five years, I moved to Colorado Springs, where I taught in a “middle class” school. After four years, I had to make a change as I was not fulfilling my obligation to meet the needs of at-risk students. Six years ago, I had been given an incredible opportunity to join the team of 21st Century Charter School @ Colorado Springs, now Pikes Peak Prep. Currently, I am the Director of Curriculum and Instruction. Thank you for allowing me the privilege of serving your students!

No comments:

Post a Comment