Thursday, July 7, 2011

D'Metria Thornburg, a PPP Student Story

My name is D’Metria Thornburg, and I am a junior at Pikes Peak Prep. When I first came to PPP I was a shy shophmore, from a small school. The school I transfered from had 30 students from kindergarten to nineth grade, which was reason why I was scared to enter PPP. Eventually, the shyness and fear subsided and I met amazing teacher and made great friends. At my previous school I had only one teacher for all subjects and her teaching style did not fit my needs and upon arrival to PPP I felt behind. I was about a year behind for my age it seemed, and I had struggles while catching up, but when I did it felt great! More importantly though, I felt smart for the very first time in my life. The reassurance from my teachers telling me that I was a bright student and that the potential they saw in me was extrodinary really helped in times of discouragement. Since last year I haven’t had a grade drop below and 80%, though I had trouble in math I recieved the guidance I needed and am excelling now. When I think about my education I think about this, you could be the best architect in the world but if you don’t have the tools you’ll never be able to build a house. I know that PPP is providing me with the tools I need for a successful future! If you or your child is like me and just needs a push in the right direction, this school is perfect for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment